Monday, September 14, 2009

The things I learn from Mommy

I have to be so careful these days. Judah doesn't miss a thing in general, and he especially doesn't miss anything I do or say. So I've been getting in a fair amount of trouble lately. For example, when I muttered a bad word under my breath in the kitchen while he was in the living room, he was repeating it for the rest of the day. Recently when Doug and Judah and I were in the car together Judah pointed out that Abba had fixed this rear view mirror attachment which Judah had knocked off while playing around in the front seat. Judah then said, "Judah's going to knock it off again and then mommy's going to say 'oh, for crying out loud Judah!'" Doug looked at me and said, "you're so busted!" which, of course, was true.

Here's a video of one of the most hilarious things Judah picked up from me recently. A few weeks ago I was pretty sick so mom and dad came to take Judah out for a while so I could rest. Judah said he wanted me to come with them and I replied that I couldn't, because I had to lie on the couch and moan. Well, ever since then when he asks me to do something and I say "I can't right now," Judah says, "because you have to lie on the couch and moan." The other day he took it to the next level and decided to try it himself. So in this video you'll see him running back and forth to go lie in his chair and moan. Unfortunately, his moan is barely audible on the video. But you'll get the idea.





It really is funny what he picks up from us. He's been playing this game lately where he pretends to go off to work. He carries my purse and tells me to have a good day and marches off. Then he pretends to type on the computer until I tell him it's time to come home. Then he happily marches back. He also loves trying on my jewelry and putting on my sweater (getting extremely frustrated when he finds it doesn't fit him very well). The other day we had a bunch of women in Target cracking up because he ran right up to the jewelry aisle and started trying on necklaces and holding up earrings. One woman said, "he must like his mommy."









1 comment:

sqpeggy said...

I love that video of Judah "sitting on the couch" and moaning. So funny.

You're right- their imaginations are taking off. It's so fun.