It appears that toddlers thrive on repetition. The same CD over and over again, the same book as many times in a row as you're willing to read it, and the same tasks repeated a hundred times, each with equal energy and focus. When the task involves me, like jumping out of the closet and saying "boo!" over and over again, it takes zen-like patience not to lose my mind. But when he gets into something on his own it can be very relaxing - like the day he discovered the laundry basket.
His favorite repetitive task lately is taking things out and putting them back in. He seems endlessly fascinated by this process.
2 comments:
What a great description of life with our little guy!
All I can say is whatever you do, beware of Richard Scarry books. Liquid crack for toddlers dude. I have to read those books countless times a day. Over and over and over again. And then again.
Remember that inane saying: "Pete and repeat were sitting on the bed. Pete fell off and who was left?"
Ah toddlers! I love them! :)
Post a Comment